Date:      Fri, 12 May 2023 00:20:47 +0300
From:      Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
To:        Oleg Lelchuk <oleglelchuk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why doesn't the EFI boot loader want to display the graphical orb logo in its boot menu on an Asus Prime 7590-P motherboard?

> On 12. May 2023, at 00:11, Oleg Lelchuk <oleglelchuk@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Guys, there is something that I find puzzling. Why doesn't the EFI =
boot loader want to display the graphical orb logo in its boot menu on =
an Asus Prime 7590-P motherboard? Is there something quirky about this =
particular motherboard that forces the FreeBSD EFI loader to display the =
old style ASCII orb logo in its boot menu? Please explain to me the =
cause of this problem and if possible, give me a solution to it.

There can be two reasons. One is that resolution is low and there is no =
space to put the image on. Second one is that the screen is forced to =
use =E2=80=9Ctext=E2=80=9D mode, which happens when system has =
configured to have serial console (redirection).

rgds,
toomas=