Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:11:32 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        developers@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4rc4 now on ftp-master.freebsd.org

Both the ISO and "stock" releases are available and should be mirrored
shortly.  I've also done an alpha release for 4.4rc4 and it's
uploading now - it should be available by the end of the day.  No, I
don't know when the bits will hit ftp.freebsd.org and other mirrors -
that's up to their rsync scripts and the general health of the
Internet.  This is just a heads-up that you should start keeping an
eye out for it.

I also know that testing time is short, and if truly need be we can
always push 4.4-RELEASE back another day or so since some people seem
to want that, but let's just play it by ear, OK?  The last thing I
want is for people to feel they have plenty of time and can put off
testing of this until the last minute.  Not that this has ever
happened before. :-)

Thanks,

- Jordan