Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:56:47 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Garshtja <peter.garshtja@ambient-md.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arm xdev question

On Sat, 2015-02-21 at 21:41 -0500, Peter Garshtja wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>      Could someone explain me the arm arch support. For instance the
> xdev is ARMv6 and the main question how is FreeBSD working on BeagleBone
> where on board the cpu is ARMv7?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Peter

For historical and probably not-very-good reasons all support for armv6
and armv7 is lumped together under the armv6 name.  These days the right
arch to use for both v6 and v7 is armv6hf (hardfloat).

The only true armv6 platform we support is RPi, everything else
armv6[hf] runs on is really v7.

-- Ian