Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 95 12:10:00 PDT
From:      Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>
To:        questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Bootmanager Trouble

Do you use any hard disk manager? DriveRocket? That might be a reason.

 -Serge
 ----------
From: owner-freebsd-questions
To: questions
Subject: Bootmanager Trouble
Date: Saturday, June 17, 1995 10:06AM

Hello,

  While trying to install FreeSD 2.0.5R onto my hard drive, I've come up
with some trouble. Here is my layout:

C:  Stacked DOS
D:  First Half Of WD540, DOS
E:  Second Half of WD540, FreeBSD

  I chose to install Bootmanager, but it never appeared when I booted up.
And
when I try wd(1,a)/kernel at the boot disk, it doesn't do anything but say:

bad disklabelkernel not found

 ... Or something like that. If I try wd(1,e)/kernel, it give me this:

ERROR: C:0 H:0 S:0

  I'dd welcome any help you can give me- My entire D: drive was wiped due to
an error while installing (argh!). I'm getting pretty annoyed. :)

Thank in advance,
Kevin Lo