Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 07:52:01 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Sergey Pukach <pss@te.net.ua>
To:        edsweeney@caro.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help for sendmail w/exmh and ppp pop3

> I have exmh sending and recieving great over ppp.  Sending from my
> workstation, but getting mail from my pop3 isp on a different host. This
> mess doesn't work for any receiver that want's to validate the sending
> domain like (aol bounces all my mail) because Sender: is
> edsw@ccfires.caro.net while my isp gives me mail to edsweeney@caro.net
>
> Do I:
>
> 1) Get sendmail and/or exmh to send everything through my isp's smtp
> server?  (I don't know how, but I think this is what I should be doing)

You can define "Smart" relay host in sendmail.cf:
DSwhat.ever.your.isp.smtp.host

> 2) Fool the mail into putting Sender: as what my isp recieves mail as?

You can masquerade as 'caro.net' : add in your sendmail.cf
DMcaro.net

But be careful sending mail from your workstation using another
account. E.g., if you send it as root, sender will be root@caro.net
I don't sure actual root of caro.net will be happy ;)

pss

// Sergey Pukach
// pss@te.net.ua