Date:      Sun, 29 May 2022 18:26:03 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Loader can't find /boot/ua/loader.lua on UFS after main-n255828-18054d0220c

--0OBlzr3naWwxtngA

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 06:59:34PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> Sorry for top posting...
>=20
> Did you upgrade your boot blocks?

Thanks for the reply!

Hmmm....  Well, every time I rebuild FreeBSD head, the last step
just after "make installworld" and before the reboot is:

# gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot /dev/ada0s4

So *those* get updated.

I haven't updated from /boot/boot0 recently (and have a requirement that
whatever is in the MBR is able to boot stable/12, stable/13, and head).

Is updating (from head's /boot/bot0) recommended at this point?

(And in case it wasn't obvious, I made a silly typo in the Subject; it
should have read:

| Subject: Re: Loader can't find /boot/lua/loader.lua on UFS after
|  main-n255828-18054d0220c

Sorry: I don't have loader messages showing up on serial console on that
machine at this point, so I had hand-typed it from memory and managed to
elide a letter.)

Peace,
david
--=20
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
"Putin is a paranoid dictator.  Putin must go. He started a senseless war
and is leading Russia into a ditch." - Egor Polyakov & Alexandra Miroshniko=
va

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

--0OBlzr3naWwxtngA

--0OBlzr3naWwxtngA--