Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:23:42 +0200
From:      Przemek <p@missTCP.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mod_php4 and pgsql - pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0)

Hello,

after I upgraded mod_php4 to 4.3.8 version my connection to pgsql
doesn't work.
It writes me:
pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too many open links (0) in /usr/local/www/data/libs/c_db_postgres.php on line 43
Can't connect to database server!

Why?
Before upgrade it worked.

I've installed /usr/ports/database/php4-pgsql and i've got in
/usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini:
extension=pgsql.so

My phpinfo() shows:

PostgreSQL Support      enabled
PostgreSQL(libpq) Version       7.4
Multibyte character support     enabled
SSL support     enabled
Active Persistent Links         0
Active Links    0

Directive       Local Value     Master Value
pgsql.allow_persistent  On      On
pgsql.auto_reset_persistent     Off     Off
pgsql.ignore_notice     Off     Off
pgsql.log_notice        Off     Off
pgsql.max_links         Unlimited       Unlimited
pgsql.max_persistent    Unlimited       Unlimited

What wrong with this?

Best Regards,
Przemysław Ciesielski