Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:33:58 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        nathan <beemern@ksu.edu>
Cc:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@nickelkid.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pop mail security

nathan wrote:

> WOW... that kinda sucks...
>
> in that case.. i'm just gonna disable logins for that user, so all it is is
> a mail account... and setup a different account to do all my remote admin
> stuff..

Install OpenSSH (if it's back on its feet once more) to get to your
host in a secure manner. Look into stunnel to secure things like POP3
and IMAP sessions. There are about four of those wrapper thingies. Mind
you, haven't gotten past the 'make install' step myself yet <g>.

Roelof

--
Būter, brea en griene tsiis
Hwa dat net ite kin is gjin oprjochte Fries