Date:      Tue, 4 May 2004 09:45:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      marcov@stack.nl (Marco van de Voort)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unsupported io range problem

> In message: <20040421202556.AC9178A@toad.stack.nl>

> : > eliminating the allow_unsupported_io_ranage option.  You should try a
> : > number higher than 0x20000000 since that's kind of low...
> :
> : I tried a lot of values 0x2.., 0x4.., 0x6.., 0x8.., 0xe....
> :
> : all the same result. Are you suggesting I'd have to update to a -current
> : kernel?
>
> I'm suggesting that you might have to.  I'd checkout a separate
> 5.3-current tree, and installing with KERNEL=current so that it goes
> into /boot/current in case there are major issues.  At the 'ok'
> prompts, you'll need to type 'unload' and then 'boot current'.

I had to rearrange some things to get the laptop connected (borrow pccard,
register it on the net etc), but last night I built -current kernel and
installed it.

The separate installing failed (is this method for the old or new kernel?),
but at first sight, everything seems to start working indeed.

So thank you very much :-)