Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:17:06 -0500
From:      Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
To:        Michael Class <michael_class@gmx.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent USB problems

I had no problem with kernel from February 14, but failed ums probes are
happening very consistently with kernel from Feb 18. Kernels from dates
earlier than Feb 14 failed to attach USB mouse most of the time but
sometimes misteriously managed to work. No configuration was changing
between successfull and unsuccessful boots, and there was no pattern
whatsoever to hint why was that happening.

By the way, the problem is related to the ums driver only, apparently.
While I am having problems with the mouse, my USB scanner works
absolutely reliably.