Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 19:21:01 est
From:      hounddog@juno.com (Hans N Gruber)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation

I checked the list of  mailing lists, and I'm unclear where to ask
installation questions.  The manual and FAQ have been of no great help,
because I wish to do a rather unconventional installation. I have no
cdrom drive, and my internet acces is limited. I can download files one
at a time (although reliability is an issue), and wish to download the
appropritate files and then install from my DOS partition. It is proving
to be a challenge to figure out exactly which files I need ( I want a
minimum install and the ability to compile C++), and during my previous
attempts at installation (several months ago) I ran into a few minor
problems. Right now I am working under under the assumption that this is
the place to ask questions about where to ask questions, hence the
vagueness of my questions. If there is an appropriate forum forum for my
questions, please let me know....( a freebsd-install mailing list would
be nifty if a few gurus who have nothing better to do would
moderate)(freebsd-idiot?).

Peace, Dave
Support your local Freenet!!!
Ask me about free email from Juno.