Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:57:34 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web Based Control for FreeBSD

Also check Freeside. I haven't used Freeside nor ispman yet so I can't
compare.  Freeside's been around a lot longer than ispman, but that's
all I do know. Here's a comparison article:

http://www.ziplink.net/~rhaskins/jun01.html

Freeside info:

http://www.sisd.com/freeside/

 Freeside is an open-source billing and account administration package
 for Internet Service Providers.

  Commercial installation, customization, support, offsite backup and
  training services are available, as well as outsourced billing
  service.

    *  Written in Perl and easily customizable.
    * Uses Perl's DBI allowing use of almost any database backend to
    * store data. We currently recommend PostgreSQL.
    * Source code is available under the GNU GPL or Artistic license.
    * Web-based interface (including most of the configuration).
    * Track customers by reseller/agent. Limit the packages a
    * particular agent or class of agents may sell.
    * Tax rates customizable by state and locale.
    * Exports directly to UNIX passwd and shadow (or master.passwd)
    * files, ERPCD acp_passwd and acp_dialup files, and/or RADIUS
    * users files.
    * Works with FreeRADIUS, ICRADIUS (including RADIUS groups) or
    * Radiator to authenticate directly from SQL databases, or exports
    * standard text files for RADIUS servers such as Livingston or
    * Cistron.
    * Provisions mailboxes to UNIX passwd/shadow/master.passwd,
    * vpopmail, Cyrus, Critical Path, or InfoStreet.
    * Virtual domain support. Exports Sendmail virtusertable and
    * sendmail.cw files, and/or Qmail virtualdomains, rcpthosts and
    * recipientmap files.
    * Domain and virtual host support. Exports BIND and Apache
    * configuration files.
    * Real-time session monitor for RADIUS or hotel/cafe-style time
    * limits
    * Signup server with IE and Netscape autoconfiguration
    * Pre-paid cards
    * Aging (overdue invoice) reports
    * Real-time credit card processing with TrustCommerce, Vital
    * Processing Services, Authorize.Net, LinkPoint, Cardstream, Bank
    * of America eStores, Beanstream, 2CheckOut.com, SurePay, eSec,
    * CyberCash CashRegister, or any processor supported by
    * Business::OnlinePayment
    * Export batches to any processor.