Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:23:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      gashalot@gashalot.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   DPT SmartRAID VI Support?

DPT recently announced a new line of their SmartRAID cards, the SmartRAID VI
line.  I was very interested as we currently use several of their SmartRAID IV
cards in our FreeBSD boxes and we are very pleased.  I have scanned the
archives of the lists and I see that SmartRAID V support is not yet ready, and
the DPT SmartRAID webpages do not list FreeBSD as a platform that is supported.

However, the new webpages for the SmartRAID VI *DO* list FreeBSD as a supported
OS, and I was wondering if anyone had tested or developed the drivers or knew of
anyone that has used a SmartRAID VI card on a FreeBSD box.  If so, does anyone
know if it uses the driver that powers the SmartRAID IV that is in the -STABLE
and -RELEASE trees now, or does it exsist only in the -CURRENT tree (the
website dosen't mention anything about what releases/trees the driver is in, it
just says FreeBSD)?

| Robert Gash                          |          Work - gashalot@fasturl.net |
| Systems Administrator, FastURL       |     Personal - gashalot@gashalot.com |
| http://www.fasturl.net               |              http://www.gashalot.com |
`- GNUPG Key Fingerprint: 8122 587F 660D 68C7 BD5B  A235 C59E 130B 44FB F5BC -'