Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:43:13 -0800
From:      elaska <"elaska@mail.ctainforms"@vv.cta.com>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11/X Windows

I'm kind of new to the Unix enviornment, but I like what I've learned in
the past year and a half.  Is X11 and X Windows the same thing?  Are
there free versions?  I use X Windows at school on the SGI Indigo's
under Irix, I believe 4.3 or 5.3. I may be wrong on the version of the
OS.  Anyway I like the enviornment as much as the command prompt, but
I'm seeing more applications available for FreeBSD in the X Windows
enviornment, so I'm looking to find a version of X Windows.  A free
version is preferable, considering the price of tuition at college.  If
you have any suggestions, etc. please mail them to either
plaska@ctainforms.com or plaska@csci.csusb.edu.  Thank you very much.
                                      Sincerely,
                                        Paul Laska