Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 11:25:23 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Bryan Albright <bryana@oss.uswest.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xfree86-4.0 & xinerama

* Bryan Albright <bryana@oss.uswest.net> [000509 11:15] wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> Has anyone gotten the xinerama feature to work with XFree86 4.0?
>
> I've got 2 video cards (1 Matrox G400 AGP and one Matrox G200 PCI
> video cards, 2 Sony Multiscan 520GS-s) both plugged in.  I've got the
> XF86Config set up as shown below, but when I try to run with either
> dual-head or "Ultra" wide screens, the secondary monitor has vertical
> black lines every centimeter or so.
>
> I built and configured XFree86 out of the ports collection, and
> enabled Xinerama in the initial configuration.

haha, I slaved over this same configuration for a whole day, the
problem I had was that the g400 only works properly in completely
unaccelerated mode and even then I need to start, then kill, then
restart X to get it initialised properly.

here's my XF86Config entry for the g400:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "MGA400 AGP"
    Chipset      "mgag400"
    Driver      "mga"