Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:28:11 -0400
From:      Yves Lepage <YVLEPAGE@post.bell.ca>
To:        "owner-freebsd-questions(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "daniel(a)cyberjunky.net" <daniel@cyberjunky.net>, "freebsd-questions(a)freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "dwhite(a)resnet.uoregon.edu" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail and mail q'ing

Hello,

makemap btree mailertable does not hang, it is simply waiting for input from
the terminal you're on.

Try: makemap btree mailertable <mailertable

Regards,
Yves Lepage

 owner-freebsd-questions @ FreeBSD.ORG
 10/20/98 02:59 PM
To: dwhite @ resnet.uoregon.edu @ INTERNET
cc: freebsd-questions @ FreeBSD.ORG @ INTERNET, daniel @ cyberjunky.net @
INTERNET

In a previous message, Doug White said:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Daniel Harris wrote:
>
> > I have a domain where all my mail goes to my desktop (ie, cyberjunky.net).
> > My desktop is on an ISDN link that goes down once and a while...  I want to
> > have my mail queued on another server (nettalk.nettalklive.com) until the
> > ISDN link is back up.  Both machines are running the latest sendmail (8.9.1)
> > and FreeBSD.
> >
> > Cyberjunky.net's Name servers are off the ISDN link (Im in the process of
> > changing them now) and will have MX 10 cyberjunky.net and MX 20
> > nettalk.nettalklive.com for mail to goto the right machine.  What do I have
> > to do to nettalk to get it to queue all mail for cyberjunky.net, but no
> > deliver it locally?
>
> nettalk won't locally deliver mail unless it thinks i'ts cyberjunky.net,
> which means you put cyberjunky.net in /etc/sendmail.cw, which is wrong.
>
> nettalk should queue mail automatically for cyberjunky; when they call up,
> have them do an ETRN to fetch the mail.

I'm trying to do this and am having some trouble.

Ok. I've got the mx records set up:

test.iaces.com  preference = 5, mail exchanger = fievel.test.iaces.com
test.iaces.com  preference = 10, mail exchanger = horton.iaces.com

I have anti-relaying on on horton (sendmail 8.8.8). And it will not forward
unless I put test.iaces.com in the sendmail.cw file. But then it delivers
locally.

I tried putting in the mailertable per the other email, but
makemap dbm mailertable comes back with:
makemap: Type dbm not supported in this version

So I changed it to hash or btree, and makemap just hangs.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Paul.

--
"A cookie store is a bad idea.  Besides, the market research reports say
America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make."