Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:53:59 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
Subject:   pybliographer fails to build

I'm trying to build pybliographer w/o success.

The port version is 1.0.8, (the latest is 1.0.11).

Now, according to the pybliographer home page it needs GNU recode-3.5
(exactly 3.5, not 3.6, nor any other 3.5x). The problem is that the port
builds recode-3.6 (I guess it just looks for the recode port and builds
it ...).
http://canvas.gnome.org:65348/pybliographer/download.html#requirements

I installed 3.5 manually:
$>./configure --prefix=/usr/local
$> make install
$> rehash
$> whereis recode
/usr/local/bin/recode
$> /usr/local/bin/recode --version
Free recode 3.5
$>

But now when I try to 'make configure' pybliographer again, an error
appears saying that it couldn't find recode:

checking for GNU Recode in /usr/local... no (cannot compile)
configure: error: please install GNU Recode (version 3.5)
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to ports@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
attach
      the
"/usr/ports/misc/pybliographer/work/pybliographer-1.0.11/config.log"
      including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
might
      be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
your
      system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/pybliographer.

Any ideas or tips for solving this? The same happens if I use the latest
pybliographer sources (cp /usr/ports/misc/pybliographer to other
location, update portversion and distinfo and 'make configure').

Any help would be appreciated.

Fernan

--
F e r n a n   A g u e r o