Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 16:31:48 -0400
From:      "Michael Tang Helmeste" <glassfish@glassfish.net>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Qmail + FreeBSD 4.3

Well bad hardware is less likely than its trying to overwrite memory it
doesn't own. If he is being attacked, and it is a buffer overflow exploit,
than overwriting memory it doesn't own is more likely than it being
repeatidly hardware, especially after his system has been working fine all
this time.