Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 1998 11:46:30 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        toj@gorillanet.gorilla.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP Packet Aliasing Broke?

This stuff should be fixed now.  dlopen() searches for the lib if the
name has no ``/'' characters and the library's specified differently
in ppp/loadalias.c for -current.....

Now all we need is

  char *dlfind(const char *, int *major, int *minor)

so that we can

  char *name;
  void *dl;
  int major = 2, minor = -1;

  name = dlfind("alias", &major, &minor);
  if (name) {
    if (minor < 5)
      fprintf(stderr, "Found version 2.%d, require at least "
              "version 2.5\n", minor);
    else {
      dl = dlopen(name, ....);
    }
  }
  free(name);

Has anyone any objections to me implementing dlfind() ?

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;