Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:27:23 +0200
From:      Thomas Vogt <tv@solnet.ch>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   firefox and thunderbird in gnome2.8

Hi all

Hmm I use thunderbird 0.8 and firefox 1.0pre (both from marcuscom cvs)
with gnome 2.8 under fbsd 5.2.1-p11 (i386). It works smoothly. Thank for
you work!

I've a small problem. If I click on a link in thunderbird mail client it
asks me how to open it. So I use /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox.rb. The Problem
is, that the link will always be downloaded first and then it open it in
a tab browser with path file:///tmp/foo.htm.
Is it not possible to configure thunderbird that it opens the url with
firefox directly without downloading the link first to a /tmp directory?
Perhaps with gconf-editor? I doubt that this is a gnome only problem.
But perhaps someone has a solution.

regards
Thomas