Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:06:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@speck.ml.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i386/conf/PCCARD

On 5 Jan 1999, Robert V. Baron wrote:

> I've been wondering, of late, how well/if laptops are supported in
> -current.  It seems that the configuration, PCCARD, has recently
> (since mid December) has gone away.  Is this the answer?

I've been running 3.0-CURRENT on my laptop since 3.0-RELEASE came out
without any problems.  Now that you mention it, PCCARD is gone; but I've
been updating my current config since -RELEASE.

So far, no problems have arisen; apm support is there, XFree86-3.3.3
supports the NeoMagic chipsets (standard in many models), and as long as
your pcmcia chipset/cards are supported by default, everything should work
ok.

-Chris

All the true gurus I've met never claimed they were one, and always
pointed to someone better.
                            -Anonymous