Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:55:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EtherExpress 16

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:

> After a little tinkering I have come to the conclusion that my problem
> with the card results from our IP addresses on the net being dynamically
> assigned. Because I do not have an IP I did not have one entered in the
> ifconfig_ie0 line. When I put in a dummy address the card still registers
> the network, but of course I cannot use that address. Is there anyway to
> get this to work with a dynamic address?

``dynamic'' in what sense?  Does your network use DHCP, BOOTP or what?

Have you considered applying to your network admin to have a static
address for your computer?  We have spare space in our subnets here at the
UO to allocate some static addresses.  The rest are done by DHCP.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo