Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 1996 05:09:03 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        cau@cc.gatech.edu (Carlos Ugarte), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Philips CDD2000 CD-R works as HP-4020i

> 1) can I use it as a CD reader, by putting in a standard CDROM ?
>    mount refuses to work on character devices as /dev/rworm0,
>    and worm.c has no reference to a block device. I tried
>
>        vnconfig /dev/vn0c /dev/rworm0
>
>    but with no luck

This is a known problem.  The device functions either as a CDROM drive
(if you don't assign it to worm0) or as a worm, but not both.
According to Joerg, this is not trivial to fix and so he hasn't done
it (or maybe it's relatively trivial but he just doesn't have any
time, rendering it non-trivial in a different sense :-).

						Jordan