Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:58:05 -0400
From:      "Matthew Amelin" <Matthew_Amelin@alpinecsi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   domain name

How can I tell (with a command) what my domain name is?

I put my host machine name as jabba     and domain yoda

but in files like named.boot and mydomain.db are asking for

things like my.domain      and the   host.my.domain

would  my.domain be   jabba.yoda     or      jabba.yoda.net     or just
yoda?

also in the named.boot       under primary  is there a    "   .   " after
my.domain  like this  " my.domain. "

also in the mydomain.db file   is that supposed to be renamed to my actual
domain name?
or leave it as mydomain.db

Sorry, just one more thing in the mydomain.db  file
this is like the first question,
under the 1st $ORIGIN
the line under that is      IN NS  host.my.domain  would it be
jabba.jabba.yoda   <----- ?
and with the host names under that   would it be
THISISTHEREHOSTNAME.jabba.yoda  ?
Thank you very much for all your help
I hope to set a BSD mirror site <as soon as I am confident enough>

I hope you can't understand my jargon!

could you please send the email also to become@ici.net