Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:38:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "James L. Davis" <jld@rconnect.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cdrecord and digital audio recording.

Hello,

  I am having a slight problem using tosha and cdrecord to copy
a digital audio compact disk.

  I used the tosha command "tosha -f wav" to grab all tracks from the
master and save them as WAV files. I then used "cdrecord -swab -audio -v
speed=2 dev=4,0 track*.wav" to write them on a blank Cd-r 74 minute
650MB media. This appears to work without flaw, however, when the newly
recorded cd is played.. tracks 1-5 are perfectly clear, but, after track
5 the tracks become less clear, and gain more static.

  At first I thought perhaps the "-swab" argument was to blame, however,
I wrote a second cd, using new *.wav files and no -swab argument and the
same effect was observed.

  I am using a Philips CDD2600 SCSI-2 CD-R Drive, the Operating system is
FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT, the version of tosha is 0.6, and the version of
cdrecord is 1.6.1.

  Comments, tips, or suggestions will be appreciated, please cc:
your reply(s) to jld@rconnect.com as I am not subsribed to the

 		Thank you,
			Jim.