Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:15:36 -0800
From:      "Glendon M. Gross" <gross@xinetd.com>
To:        HiTech Creations Support <support@hitechcreations.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, nectar@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Buildworld problem

I could be mistaken, but my impression is that crypto code seems to
often screw up the build process.  I'm not sure if this is because the
crypto code is restricted due to a need for the environment variable
USA_RESIDENT to be set to "YES", or because crypto sources and crypto
licensing seems to have a history of instability.   Somtimes I feel like
going back to FreeBSD 3.x because when I ran it I didn't have to worry
about OpenSSL, OpenSSH, /dev/random, PAM,  etc. and whether they were
going to break the build process.  The whole system seemed cleaner and
contained less extraneous garbage.

Regards,

Glendon Gross