Date:         Wed, 09 Jul 97 12:09 PDT
From:      Denis DeLaRoca                       <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@CRH.CL.MSU.EDU>
Cc:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: vat on sb16?

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 12:19:19 -0400,
   Charles Henrich <henrich@CRH.CL.MSU.EDU> said:
> > which is just a straight compile of vat from
> > ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/conferencing/vat
>
> It clips a ton :(.

With an also cheapie proAudioSpectrum-16, I get good results... though,
as with all half-duplex cards Vat's timing is off and every so often
you get a clip when flushing its audio playback buffer. The PAS-16
cards, if you can get a used one, is much better than the wretched
SB cards.

I keep wanting to migrate to a Gus PnP Pro, but Amancio's driver really
wants FreeBSD 3.0 current -- I wish it were kept completely downward
compatible to FreeBSD 2.2.2.

-- Denis