Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:44:36 +1100
From:      Rob B <robbyrnes@fastmail.com.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Testers wanted: Floppies round 2

At 08:50 AM 16/03/2004, John Baldwin wrote:
>Ok, I think I've fixed the bug in bsdlabel that prevented it from making
>bootable floppy images for Alpha and I've built a new set of boot floppies
>via a cross-release.  You can find them at
>http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/floppies/alpha/  I'd appreciate it if someone
>could test them to make sure they work ok.  Thanks.

So far, the system boots off the boot disk, and then the loader sits there
with an error message:

"can't load /kernel"

So I put in the kern1.flp disk, type "load /kernel?, and the loader still
says "can't load /kernel"

cheers,
Rob

--
God gets boring when you let him have his way.

This is random quote 532 of 1254.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5