Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:15:43 -0500
From:      Trent Nelson <tpnelson@switch.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jlemon@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kevent signal handling question.

    I'd just like to confirm that my interpretation of how kevent()
    can be made to handle signals is correct.

    From kqueue(2):

  EVFILT_SIGNAL
   Takes the signal number to monitor as the identifier and returns when
   the given signal is delivered to the process.  This coexists with the
   signal() and sigaction() facilities, and has a lower precedence.  The
   filter will record all attempts to deliver a signal to a process, even
   if the signal has been marked as SIG_IGN. [...]

    So if I set all appropriate signals I want to monitor to SIG_IGN, I
    can essentially have kevent() becoming the primary signal handling
    mechanism in my program?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

        Trent.

--
Trent Nelson - Software Engineer - tpnelson@switch.com
    "A man with unlimited enthusiasm can achieve