Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:59:05 +0100 (BST)
From:      Michael Grant <mg-fbsd2@grant.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   upgrading and removing old files

Does anyone have any good ways to find and remove old files after
updating from source?  (for example executables or libs which
have either gone away or changed names).

Something that would be useful would be to have a list of files which
are installed from a vanilla install.  When one installs a port, a
+CONTENTS file is created in /var/db/pkg/foo.  I couldn't find an
equivelent thing for make installworld.  Using that, I could compare
with what's there now and examine the differences.

Functionality to remove old files might be useful to add to
mergemaster.