Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:55:24 +0200
From:      "Arjan" <lists@alpha.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How stable is NFS in FreeBSD?

Yesterday and the day before I've been reporting hanging Perl-processes
spawned by the Apache webserver. these processes fetch some data from an
NFS-partition on a different system. I'm getting the idea that this NFS is
causing the problems. Some commands freeze up (say a tail -1500 is done over
NFS on a file containing 7500 lines) and I think this is the cause of our
'memory leaks'. These processes stay in memory and can't be killed. Does
anyone have any suggestions on how I could prevent this from happening?

Arjan