Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:23:32 -0400
From:      gkaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disk > 8.4g

Looking for confirmation:
I have just installed a second disk such that now I have a
primary/master of 4.3G and a primary/slave of 13.5G. there is presently
nothing on the slave. The primary has w95b col2.2 and fbsd2.2.8. My
impression is :
1.) To integrate the disk at its full capacity I would have to used a
disk manager - that is if I wanted to have full access to the 13.5G disk
under win95 (ditto for win95 with PartitionMagic).
2.) col2.2 and fbsd2.2.8 both would have no trouble accessing the full
13.5 with the exception of booting through lilo ( it seems that it might
be easier - because a lack of in-depth knowledge of the systems - to
partition with col2.2 but that fdsd2.2.8 would provide greater control
over the partitioning operation.)

 Presently I am using Boot Manager (PM4.0) to boot any one of the 3
operating systems mentioned above.
My intention is to use the 13.5 (7200 rpm) drive for linux col2.3 and
fbsd3.2 and 4.3 (3600 rpm) for w95b. I will leave w95 on the master to
avoid having to reinstall.
Col2.x seem to provide more freedom of choice in that it can be
installed in an auxiliary partition, therefore I will place fdsb in the
first partition and linux in an aux. partition where I will have space
for logical drives below 1024 cylinders.
I will continue to use Boot Manager it will be updated to boot /dev/hdbx
and/or dev/wdc1sx as required.

Is there a flaw in this logic?