Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Jean Milanez Melo <jmelo@freebsdbrasil.com.br>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strategy to get ggated device mutually available in two systems

It is not necessary to resend your request so often...

I will try to help u a little bit:

--- Jean Milanez Melo <jmelo@freebsdbrasil.com.br> wrote:
> suggestions. In summary I want to have gmirrored enviroment in two
> servers with one device commom to both servers, so I can be confident
> that both systems will always access the same data from both machines.

U could try to access the ggate disk via localhost and from the remote host (I
think that ggate allows multiple hosts to access it _via_ggate_).

> If I can make my goals any clearer, let me know.

I would like to know, how u plan to do serialization/synchronization/locking...

I mean: What if both hosts update the same sector?
host A updates his local disk
host B updates his local disk
host B updates host A's local disk
host A updates host B's local disk
Then the mirror would be not in sync...

Furthermore a file system like UFS does not like multiple read/write mounts (as
far as I know)...

Maybe AFS or arla/coda6_server/coda6_client from ports/net or so is more what u
want?

-Arne