Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 20:03:00 -0400
From:      "Rod Taylor" <rbt@barchord.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fat32 slower than dogshit?

That said, it's been thought that Fat32 could actually help programs
like Postgres which currently fight with the caching abilities of the
UFS code in order to make it transaction safe -- and slows it down.
Very simple studies showed that fat32 over ext2 was a 20% speed
increase for the WAL log.

So... it is useful -- in it's simplicity.
--
Rod Taylor

There are always four sides to every story: your side, their side, the
truth, and what really happened.