Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2015 11:19:08 +0000
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        Ganbold Tsagaankhuu <ganbold@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: booting on RK3288 board

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 18:45:31 +0800
Ganbold Tsagaankhuu <ganbold@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Ganbold Tsagaankhuu
> <ganbold@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just wanted to share boot success on T-Firefly board (
> > http://www.t-firefly.com/en/):
> >

> > https://github.com/tsgan/rockchip/blob/master/RK3288/rk3288-dmesg-multi-user.txt
> >
> > It has Rockchip RK3288 SoC (quad core Cortex A17)
> >

> Replying to myself, actually it is A12.

It looks like most sites saying it is a Cortex-A17 are wrong. We found
this because the ID register was returning a different value to what
is documented in the Cortex-A17 TRM. There doesn't appear to be a
public TRM for the Cortex-A12, but the Linux source shows what Ganbold
got was for the A12. As far as I know the main difference between the
A12 and A17 is the latter is able to be part of a big little system.

Andrew