Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:42:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Card help...

	Hello all, I'm trying to get my AWE64 gold going under
3.1-Release. I've run in to a few anonmolies which I think is causing my
problems. First I've followed the directsion at
www.neosoft.com/~conrads/awepnp-freebsd.txt Down in step two it says to
create a file called kernal.config when I went to do that it was already
there, it has di psm0 along with others. I went ahead and added the
nessecary lines to the top of the file. I wasn't sure about adding the
word quit and q was present at the end.
	The second problem I'm having is that when I do MAKEDEV snd0 it
dosen't seem to make the right files, opl0, awe0, etc, etc. When I boot
it says snd0 not found at 0x200 (along with all the other sound devices
needed) in dmesg, which is to be expected... they're not present in /dev
In addition, doing cat /dev/sndstat merely says: Device not configured.
Can anyone help? Should I try MAKEDEV on each device? I've already
searched the mailing list archives and have not found the answer. :(

						Rick

---- "Religion exists because man can't belive that he's nothing more
then a random accident."

 http://www.grendal.org