Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:48:31 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD AM2100/AM1500

Hi,

Our AST Premmia GX's have NE-2100's in - Pretty much all the NE-2100's (also
known as 'AMD 2100, AM2100 + more) are compatible...

FreeBSD 2.2.2 does support them - they map out as 'lnc0'... etc. - Be careful
when configuring them - a normal 'visual' kernel config won't let you set the
DMA for them (at least that's what I've found) - so either put the correct
DMA, IRQ & Port in the Kernel config (I don't beleive these cards actually use
the IO mem settings?) - and you should be OK...

If you need to change the kernel config and want to do this at boot time, boot
with a '-c', then go into 'CLI Kernel configuration mode', and issue commands
like:-

drq lnc0 7
irq lnc0 9
port lnc0 340

You can then do a 'vis' command to go back into visual mode - just don't
delete the lnc0 you just configured... ;-)

If you need more help with these cards let me know (we seem to be a magnet for
them - they do seem to be pretty fast ISA / Embedded network cards ;-) - At
the last count we had 7+  of the things... <g>)

Kp