Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:04:20 +0100
From:      Patric Mrawek <mrawek@punkt.de>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: relay to a domain

* Devdas Bhagat <devdas@worldgatein.net> [020207 23:01]:

> > My problem, our customer connects internet by using another ISP. But they
> > host emails and webs on our sites. Their IP's don't have relay permission
> > on our server. For that they cannot send email. It is not possible, i'll
> > add their IP pool to my access file. I want to add their domain.
> Isn't this what uucp was designed for?

If your customer is using POP3 to receive mail, you could setup
POP3-before-SMTP authentification. /usr/ports/drac works fine for me.

Another solution is to setup a mail-server at your customers site that
will deliver mail directly to the target mail hosts, you don't need a
smarthost.

HTH,
Patric Mrawek
Network Engineer
--
punkt.de GmbH          Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Scheffelstr. 17a       Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100