Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:35:03 +0100
From:      peter@bsdly.net (Peter N. M. Hansteen)
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rate limit with pf instead of IPFW

"Abdullah Al-Marrie" <almarrie@gmail.com> writes:

> I checked http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/en/bruteforce.html
>
> I still didn't find something in the faq covers table <bruteforce>
> persist , do I need to create a file like /etc/bruteforce or no need
> for that and will be stored in kernel until they expire or I reboot
> the box?

You can load data into a table from a file (or for that matter dump
table contents to a file) if you like.  If it's important to keep the
table contents across reboots, you probably want to do something like

$ sudo pfctl -t foo -T show >/etc/tables/foo

or perhaps at regular intervals from cron, and declare your table
something like

table <foo> persist file /etc/tables/foo

> as su I type pfctl -t foo -Tl -f /etc/pf.conf but it returns nothing.

If you want to show table contents, a

$ sudo pfctl -t foo -T show

should be sufficient.

20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds