Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:05:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Guess Who..." <ptacek@mcn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Portland, FreeBSD, and DSL

Sorry if I am a bit off topic here but I
am looking for some advice.  I will be
moving to the Portland area in about 1-3
months and need to get DSL service.
Basically I would like to get suggestions
on ISPs that offer DSL in the Portland
area. How difficult is it to get FreeBSD
set up with them and what kinds of service
do they offer for the price (bang for buck).
I will need at least one static IP, more
would be nice but I can use NAT. Since I
don't have a place yet, any recommendations
on certain areas. What is the best way of
finding out if someplace is DSL capable
before committing, can they check a line
without a phone number. Can I find out where
the DSL capable stations are so I don't waste
my time looking outside the 2-3 mile range.

Also I see there is a FreeBSD users group in
the Portland area and I look forward to
learning more about it once I get there.

  Thanks,
   Chris