Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2017 02:37:08 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Jan_Kokem=c3=bcller?= <jan.kokemueller@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: evdev / uhid confusion

> Anyway, I'll try uhidd again.

You can also try evdevfbsd [1]. It opens 'raw' FreeBSD input devices and
creates Evdev devices in /dev/input/ that are understood by
xf86-input-evdev or xf86-input-libinput.
Run it like this:
    # ./evdevfbsd /dev/uhid0
...and one or more Evdev devices should pop up under /dev/input/. At
least in theory. I haven't tested the uhid backend in a while.

I don't think the device auto configuration backend of the X server in
ports supports Evdev devices yet, so you'll have to manually configure
them in Xorg.conf.

You'll also need to set the correct xkb rules for Evdev when using
xf86-input-evdev ('-rules evdev' is the important part):
    $ setxkbmap -rules evdev -layout us

Cheers,
Jan

[1]: https://github.com/jiixyj/evdevfbsd