Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:24:38 +1000
From:      Dean Hamstead <dean@bong.com.au>
To:        Voaneos <voaneos@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is that ok?

Voaneos wrote:
> dear all:
>  i am a newbie to FreeBSD,and i have some question:
>
> 1. i want to run my web server under FreeBSD,but i using GBK for the MySQL
> default-character-set,so,
>    does FreeBSD support MySQL with GBK default-character-set?

it should be fine. my understanding is that the database will operate
(in that regard) largely independent of the underlying operating system.

> 2.i have install FreeBSD on the computer A,
>   but now i want to move the Harddisk to an other one computer B and the
> hardware which is different to computer A,
>   could i do that? how can i do?

depends largely on the hardware, obviously totally different arch's will
be impossible. however within the intel range you should have good
success - depending on how your kernel has been compiled. a generic
kernel shouldnt have any drama's. just need to use a different network
device most likely.

Dean
--
WWW: http://deanpatrick.tk