Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 1995 01:22:31 -0700
From:      Pete Delaney <pete@RockyMountain.rahul.net>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com, pete@puffin.pelican.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, pete@RockyMountain.rahul.net, Wally@RockyMountain.rahul.net
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP Spoofing etc. - TCP/IP Tuneling?

   > In article <199510072005.NAA11885@ref.tfs.com> you write:

   > >(I.P.Spoofing is another thing I'm sorta curious about..
   > >I guess there may be CERT notes on these right?)
   >
   > Steve Bellovin (Bell Labs) is the reference I remember; there are several
   > others.  I've modified several FreeBSD kernels to foil the sequence-number
   > attack (but one wants a better system than mine to do it "right"; if I
   > let out how I did it it wouldn't work.)
   >
   > (Nice to have access to the source :-)
   >
   > >(got a cert URL?)
   >
   > ftp.cert.org.  I don't know about a web server but it would have the
   > obvious name if it exists.  Their reports are purposely obscured (but at
   > least tell you that attacks exist); for more detail see 8lgm and other
   > stuff in comp.security.unix and comp.security.misc.
   >
   > The latest cert report was a summary of the 'announced' bugs which are
   > still outstanding on popular systems...  I don't know which ones we are
   > susceptible to; we are using the latest (or next-latest) sendmail which
   > has plugged many of them.
   >
   > -- Pete

Know where I can find information about setting up a IP tunnel between a
buddy of mine with full internet routing capability and my systems via
my non-routing gateway. What I'd like to do is have one my sparcstations
act as a qateway and tunnel all IP activity thru my ISP to by buddy Wally
and have Wally then route the stuff to the internet. Anyone know where I
can get some code that does this?

-pete