Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:36:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Eldridge <diz@cafes.net>
To:        d X <k_2_c_4_e@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: about downloading freebsd

As stated all over the FreeBSD documentation (and in various common sense
manuals), these files are *images*.  They contain a filesystem.  You don't
copy them to the disk, that would do nothing, you write the image over the
disk.

There should be an imaging utility (fdimage.exe) on your FreeBSD cd under
the tools directory.

If you have another unix box available, use dd.

It might also benefit you to actually read the documentation before
resorting to other methods.  The README.TXT file located in the floppies
directory was made for this purpose.

Mike

Save the whales.  Feed the hungry.  Free the mallocs.