Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:00:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        erdgeist@erdgeist.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com, mlobo@digiart.art.br
Subject:   Re: A handy utility (at least for me)

In message: <44F0D335.4030604@erdgeist.org>
            Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org> writes:
: Rick C. Petty wrote:
: > On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 07:19:06PM -0300, Mario Lobo wrote:
: >> My  /usr/ports directory was occuping 24 gigs, of which 20 was just from the
: >> 'work' directories !
: >>
: >> Removing them one by one was a pain so I wrote this little utility to wipe
: >> them off.
: >
: > I find that the following command works just fine for me:
: >
: > find /usr/ports -type d -name work -prune -print -delete
:
: And EVEN cooler is having a
:
: WRKDIRPREFIX=           /var/ports
:
: in your /etc/make.conf, that way an "rm -rf /var/ports/*" cleans without
: unnecessary directory recursion.

I just discovered this in my quest to see how hard it would be to get
ports cross building as part of some other work I've been doing...

Warner