Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:37:47 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Chris Byrnes <chris@shell.jeah.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem.

Chris,

Is your system CMOS clock running UTC or local time? This could well
cause the DST confusion. Does the file /etc/wall_cmos_clock present?

The error xntpd reports is just over 1 hour, so that is almost
certainly the problem.

You can force the clock to set with 'ntpdate -b', but you want to get
the underlying problem fixed so you won't hit it again in October.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)