Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:51:37 -0500
From:      Red Barchetta <paradox@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   DOS binary support for FreeBSD

Is anyone currently working on adding DOS binary support to FreeBSD?  If
not (hell, even if so!) I am interested in taking a shot at this project.
If anyone can give me some suggestions regarding the specifics involved in
this task (i.e. what must be done at the system level to allow a DOS
program to run under FreeBSD) and maybe some references to relevant
materials (online or offline), it would be much appreciated.  I intend to
look through the code for the "PCEMU" port, but I imagine it won't be of
*too* much use since its main purpose appears to be to emulate DOS on
non-Intel architectures.

Thanks!

Ernie Pistor