Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 1998 23:58:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: egcs and Qt?

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Ruslan Shevchenko wrote:

> Alex wrote:
>
> > Has anyone had luck making the Qt port?  I've tried the latest libg++
> > (2.8.0 snapshots) in both static and shared form, to no avail.  I was able
> > to get the Qt port to compile, but linking against the generated library
> > produced many many errors.  However creating programs with egcs (or any
> > gcc) linked against the libraries created FreeBSD's gcc (2.7) seem to work
> > fine.  Has anyone had better results with an a.out system?  Any
> > suggestions?
>
> Linux fun's probabily solve this problem ;)(look at attachment)

Hmm.  Nice to see the warnings gone, but I'm still getting as warnings
(relocation burb for some symbol), and then getting undefined errors for
the same symbol when running programs linked against that library.
Compiling without -fno-implicit-templates will crap out with many many
multiply defined symbols.  Too bad, cause I kinda liked the smaller
executables (-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti) too.

Linux: The Microsoft Windows(tm) of the Unix(tm) world.

- alex