Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 1995 10:58:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: SVNET Meeting?

[CC: trimmed]
> >    "The hardware is cheap, readily availible, and there are enough bugs in
> >    4.4 to be worked out even with concentrating on only one platform to
> >    keep us busy.  This is not to say that ports to other platforms will
> >    not occur.  In fact, work on a Sparc port is underway."
>
> Which brings up the interesting question of whether or not we ever
> intend to get serious about this port.  Jack is clearly out of the
> picture here, both for this and very possibly the SMP stuff, and I
> think it's time to either put it firmly aside for the foreseeable
> future or reassign one or both of these projects elsewhere.

If Jack is out of the picture on SMP I can start the basics of it
rolling.  I have been putting off on getting the dual PCI/ISA version
of the ASUS board for a week now to try and help Jack with getting
some code he is having problems with up and running.  I already own
the CPU chips, so this is not that large of a cash outlay for me.

I know Jack put quite an effort into just getting the second CPU to
start up and from my last communications with him he had still not
got it to switch into protected mode.

> Anyway, thanks for representing us here, Justin, and thanks for the
> summary!

Yes, thanks Justin!  And think, just a year ago you where a big time
OS/2 fan, and now look at what your doing!!!  I have to say you have
come a long long way since I first meet you!