Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:54:29 -0700
From:      soralx@cydem.org
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Record Uptimes

> Respectable showing from FreeBSD here
> http://en.uptime-project.net/page.php?page=toplist&content=allhosts

even better here:
http://www.mreriksson.net/uptimes/statistics/?entry=791&view=top10hosts

http://www.mreriksson.net/uptimes/listhosts/
if PSU didn't fail on my server, I'd be ~12th on this list -- 413 days
is my record 8) I installed FreeBSD 4.8-R soon after it came out, and
this same install lived through a couple different hardwares, and was
always running (still is), except probably a dozen reboots.
One thing I noticed, though, is after a few hundred days of uptime,
there seem to accumulate significant memory leaks... And logging
to log/messages, log/security, etc, stopped long time ago for
some reason.

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2